Monday, December 10, 2007

the lazy days are back again..

The lazy days are back again…after months of planning of what is to be done and undone when the nerve racking semesters end, when “fun time” actually arrives I am actually left with nothing to do. While battling with math before the semesters I could have listed a thousand things that I had to do…catch up with old school friends, blog a little, visit quiz blogs, start preparing for the gre, finish reading the ayn rand I had borrowed months before…and the list goes on…but now? All plans have been replaced by that eternal peacemaker – sleep…I couldn’t have slept so well the entire semester..no fear of that dreadful alarm clock breaking the silence of the dawn ..day breaks at nine o clock for me when at home…and boy o boy..am I not pampered..while we starve most days in the hostel, at home a sumptuous breakfast awaits me- omlettes, soup, coffee...mom makes sure that her poor darling gets everything that she wants in the first meal of the day..lazy mornings have one good thing to count on..the morning paper can be given ample attention..but what with rizwanur rehman tossing in his grave awaiting justice and buddha’s regiment ravaging Bengal even the morning papers cannot hold my patience for long.. I sit with a pencil to solve the sudoko..once the crossword and the jumble are done again the “nothing to do “ syndrome poses a problem for me..even tom cruise and dustin hoffman trapped there in my lappy do not seem to hold any attraction for me…I feel restless …the idiot box goes on blabbering like an idiot..i open a word document in the laptop..but the page remains blank ..i am faced with a writer’s block..even orkut doesn’t give solace enough..everyone seems to be hibernating after the semesters ..no one online on gtalk,no new scraps,no one to spy on…life does become a big bore after the semesters …my friends are all still having there exams so I cannot even go out for a movie..i try to help my mother in the kitchen but she shooes me out with a ladle, try learning a little bit of circuit maker but nothing seems to go in to my head…suddenly mother’s voice calling me for dinner breaks me from the reverie ..my day comes to an end and I creep inside the warm blanket back into the arms of the the greatest nurse – sleep…with the conclusion that curse as we might, routine suits us best…I at least it gives us a daily aim..some regularity in work…something to keep us occupied…I am left wondering what this world would have become had there been nothing called routine….

No comments: